HaCkeD by SA3D HaCk3D
KurDish HaCk3rS WaS Here
FUCK ISIS !
In today’s busy world, avoiding stress is almost impossible. For people who are self-employed like me, it is even harder to prevent stress. So what do you do to lessen the effects of stress? Try these simple stress busting tips:
- Exercise – even if you don’t have the energy to get to gym, a walk to the shops can make a difference. Exercise gives us more energy to perform at our best, and as we all know, a healthy body can help promote a healthy self.
- Scent – did you know that certain scents such as lavender and orange can help to reduce the symptoms of stress? Try essential oils, scented soy candles or room sprays to feel calmer in no time at all.
- Talk – stress often makes us feel isolated and alone. Calling a friend, chatting to someone online or seeing a friend for coffee will help you remember that you are not alone. Talking also helps take some of the weight off your shoulders – a problem shared is a problem halved as the saying goes.
- Play – computer games, board games, card games and other games are a great way to take your mind off things, even just for a while. My personal favourite is Sims 3. There’s something comforting about focusing on a task at hand for an hour or two!
- Sing – put on your favourite happy music and sing along as loud as you dare. Dancing around the house is even better, but whatever you do, resist the urge to play ‘mope music’ that makes you feel down.
Obviously these tips will not substitute for treatment of major stress. If you are reaching a point where life seems too much for you to cope with, speak to your doctor as soon as you can. Stress that is left unchecked can lead to burnout and other serious issues – don’t let everyday stress become major stress!
There’s a Queen song that has the most beautiful lyrics.
Adventure seeker on an empty street,
Just an alley creeper, light on his feet
A young fighter screaming, with no time for doubt
With the pain and anger can’t see a way out,
It ain’t much I’m asking, I heard him say,
Gotta find me a future move out of my way,
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now,
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now.
Zen might be what I am seeking more than adventure at this stage, but this song sums up my constant effort to find that hope and happiness that we all want from life. So I guess this blog is about that quest. There are occassional damsels in distress (me), the holy grail (happiness) and even a monster (my depression aka The Nothing). There are happy parts and sad parts, and some angry parts and even boring parts too.
That kinda sums up life though – a series of emotions, experiences, goals, plans, thoughts, actions and dreams.
Perhaps I don’t have the answers, but I’m willing to keep looking for them anyway. Welcome to my quest for zen.